I am a Holy Spirit filled believer in Jesus. I am still inspired by Romans 15:13: MAY THE GOD OF HOPE FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY AND PEACE AS YOU TRUST IN HIM, SO THAT YOU MAY OVERFLOW WITH HOPE BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. . God has a plan and He will be faithful to carry it out. Hallelujah !!!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Q and A -- tithe in light of Deut. 14:22-27

question from a facebook friend:
Dr. Horton, I have read this many times but it just jumped out at me this time. How do you think Deut.14:22-27 should be taught in light of using some of God's tithe money for personal pleasure? Just doing some thinking. Await your insights.

Doctor Stan answers:
The tithe did provide a communal meal. however, Abraham did not keep back any part of the tenth for himself. A third of the tithe provided for the Levites. So the tithe is for the ministers and ministry of the Church. I think we need to follow Abraham's example and expect the Lord's blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment